As cases of COVID-19 across the UK and Europe increase, we continue to review our operational plans on a daily basis to protect the health of our valued clients and staff.
Due to a decrease in volume caused by the temporary closure of Gardners, Cengage, and Bertrams, we are currently operating with only ¼ of our usual staff.
We are, however, receiving and shipping as normal 5 days per week between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm.
To facilitate our continued operations, we have made some changes to our usual schedule. WBS will be packing customers’ consolidated goods for shipment on Wednesday (pm) as opposed to Thursday. We therefore require notification of shipping request on Wednesday morning (am) at the latest.
We have also implemented a number of procedures to ensure the safety of our team:
- All office staff not required in the office or warehouse as ‘essential workers’ are working from home.
- Staff working remotely are still available via their usual contact details with all phones, emails, and internal software fully operational.
- Introduced strict warehouse protocol to ensure social distancing measures are adhered to.
- Adjusted procedures to avoid unnecessary staff contact with external and internal third-party individuals.
- Provided all staff members with appropriate equipment for personal protection.
During this uncertain period, we encourage you to follow all government safety procedures to protect yourselves and worldwide community.
We thank you for your trust and support in managing these unprecedented times, and will continue to update you accordingly should the situation change.
Worried about whether COVID-19 has affected your shipment schedule? Please get in touch with your WBS contact or reach out to us here